Thursday, October 10, 2013

Changing Seasons

As Baseball season comes to an end it means the weather is slowly changing and plenty more sports are beginning.  A favorite in western PA is Hockey. Hockey is a sport I don't really know about, even though I grew up right across the border. Hockey was just never a really big sport in my area. Now that I go to school at Slippery Rock University, hockey is a sport I hear about quite often. The Penguins are a favorite team here and I understand why. Western Pennsylvanians love their Pittsburgh sports teams. Which leads me into another sport that is popular here, Football. The Steelers are a team that everyone knows, and if you're not a fan well too bad you should be (at least that's what they think). This season though the Steeler are off to a rough start, which is good for everyone else in the league but not the Steeler fans.Even though Western Pennsylvanias are such big sport fanatics there is one winter sport they do not have, basketball. Basketball is one of my favorite sports and I'm glad i grew up in Ohio where we have the Cavaliers. Even though they're not the best team they still have potential. Kyrie Irving, will be a huge part of the team in years to come, and rumors have been flying about Lebron returning. Although you never know how a team will do in any given season, all fans still have hope that their team will be the very best.

1 comment:

  1. I like it kels and yea I can't wait for basketball season either.

    ReplyDelete